Monday, June 05, 2006

1851 Canadian Census Online and CLA Ottawa 2006

Old news for some, but since I've promised my readers and myself I'll update my blog more often, here's the scoop on the 1851 Canadian Census online. It's by geography only, until someone undertakes to index it. One thing to remember: Like the 1906 Census that covers only Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta, 1851 is only available for Canada West (Upper Canada or Ontario,) Canada East (Lower Canada or Quebec,) and New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.

Need to know when each province or territory joined Canada, or the variants in name as above? Check out The Canadian Encyclopedia online.

I'll be away at the Canadian Library Association Conference in Ottawa next week. I'll be presenting a session titled Internet and Programming Resources for Family Historians @your Library on Thursday, June 15 from 9-10 a.m.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home