Saturday, May 08, 2010

Genealogy and Food

I came across an episode of Chef Michael Smith's show, Chef at Large, about an Acadian Reunion. One of the people featured in the episode was having a hard time finding his connection to his Acadian roots but Smith commented towards the end that he must be from the family he was researching, because he cleaned his plate of all of the delicacies prepared for the reunion. It reminded me that we all have some sort of connection to specific foods that are part of our heritage. For me, it's certain dishes at Christmas that connect me to my French-Canadian heritage: tourtière, boeuf bourguignon, and ragoût de boulettes come to mind. So, when you're researching your family tree, why not take a look into the food of your ancestors if you're not already familiar with it?

Bon Appétit!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home