Québec City Genealogy & Local History Research
Québec City is a beautiful place that I hope everyone gets a chance to visit at one point in their lifetime. Here are a collection of links that might prove useful to you if you are doing family or local history research for this wonderful place. Be aware! Some of these links may only be available in French. You can have them translated using Google Translate.
- La Société historique de Québec
- Ville de Québec - Archives
- The Québec City Tourism office offers a list of 18 sites (physical and virtual) for history and heritage. They also offer a list devoted to English, Scottish, and Irish heritage of Québec City
- Members of the Quebec Family History Society have access to the Norma Lee Collection which pertains to Québec City
- They Walked with Champlain at Québec: a list of the first settlers who established themselves in Québec City in the early 1600s
There are many, many more resources that pertain to the province of Quebec, so be sure to explore those as well as the ones above!