Friday, October 29, 2010

Canadian War Brides of the First World War

So, every so often, I head off to a site like Link Popularity to see who is linking up to my blog. It's not easy keeping track of such things! I sometimes find out about big sites via other means, like Cyndi's List or Toronto Public Library's Virtual Reference Library. I'm just as happy when I see other sites link to mine, like Granny's Genealogy. It's an honour to be considered a resource for so many!

But I happened to run across another resource in doing that bit of hunting. I don't see how our two blogs linked up, but I'm always grateful for happy accidents that allow me to share another great site with all of you!

Canadian War Brides of the First World War
is a blog run by Annette Fulford, author of several blogs. While it's not a database, she describes the experiences of these women who came to Canada as the brides of men of our Expeditionary Forces. She includes an amazing number of books on the topic, and links to other websites on this and related topics.

Just a reminder: if your local library doesn't own any of the recommended books, be sure to enquire about obtaining it through InterLibrary Loan!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home