Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween & Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness

Today marks the celebration of Halloween or All Hallows' Eve. We're hoping to have a few trick or treaters come along tonight, otherwise we'll be taking a lot of candy into work tomorrow to prevent us both from eating the leftovers!

In the meanwhile, I'm doing a genealogical happy dance today. Courtesy of the huge indexing project that FamilySearch has been undertaking for some time now, I believe it has lead me to the the marriage licence for my Great Great Grandparents. The index entries lead me to looking at Cyndi's List for the marriage information for that particular area in Florida, and I found a digital collection where the licence resides. Hooray!

Because I'm at such a distance from the place in the US where my Great Great Grandmother died and is buried, I'm turning instead to a great website called Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness. The idea is that volunteers will, once a month, perform select genealogical research within their area. The details are available here, and you must read the guidelines before making your request.

But, Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness are not limited to the US alone! Volunteers are also available internationally, including Canada! Volunteers are always welcome, so if you're interested in performing some of these acts, please click this link to learn more.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Find Missing Heir said...

Thanks for the info on Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness! What a great post!

9:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home